Posted by KFGauss 
Wife Spanking -- Old-Fashioned Girl on an Old-Fashioned Theme
February 10, 2009 10:09PM
Nicely done Veronica:

I think there's actually some historical precedent for this:

Karl Friedrich Gauss
Re: Wife Spanking -- Old-Fashioned Girl on an Old-Fashioned Theme
February 10, 2009 10:26PM
yep I think it should be allowed, there would be a lot less divorces if it was winking smiley
February 11, 2009 01:32AM
"yep I think it should be allowed, there would be a lot less divorces if it was"

And that's coming from a woman, in Britain, where they had the old "rule of thumb".

Karl Friedrich Gauss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2009 02:29AM by KFGauss.
February 11, 2009 02:52AM
Of course we all think it should be done, the people who come to spanking scouts that is. What someone needs to do is have a survey of non spanko's and ask them what they think on the subject. ...
February 11, 2009 03:09AM
Right you are Paul. Now who's going to fund a study like that?

Karl Friedrich Gauss
avatar Re: Wife Spanking -- Old-Fashioned Girl on an Old-Fashioned Theme
February 11, 2009 10:39AM
KFGauss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "yep I think it should be allowed, there would be
> a lot less divorces if it was"
>
> And that's coming from a woman, in Britain, where
> they had the old "rule of thumb".

Karl, I imagine you're referring to the belief that the term 'rule of thumb' derived from an English judge's ruling that a man could beat his wife with a cane no thicker than his thumb.

Nice story, but sorry, tain't so. No such ruling can be traced in British legal history. And the term 'rule of thumb' derived from carpenters' habit of doing a rough measurement by using the top joint of the thumb to equal one inch. Probably no longer extant, but I can remember seeing a carpenter doing it when I was a kid.

None of which, of course, contradicts the answer to the question 'Should wives be spanked?' Why yes, they most certainly should - long, hard, lovingly and often. And girlfriends, too...
February 11, 2009 07:13PM
Good of you to dispel that myth for us, Phil. Though it brings up the question of what were the limits on a man punishing his wife in olden times.

Karl Friedrich Gauss
February 11, 2009 07:19PM
I remember dating a girl while I was in college. At Denny's one night, over a two-hour cup of coffee discussion about anything and nothing, I asked, "Should I spank you in front of our kids?' It was a "what if" type question. She responded, without any pause, "Not if I'm being punished!" Damn, I should have married that girl!!!!

Jim
February 11, 2009 07:25PM
Jim,

I guess you're highlighting one of the limits there -- not in front of the kids!

Of course the notable thing is that she didn't object to the idea that you would spank her, and that such a spanking might be for punishment, and then again, it might not.

So did the opportunity ever present itself for you to take her over your knee?

Karl Friedrich Gauss

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2009 07:28PM by KFGauss.
February 11, 2009 08:34PM
Dear KFG,

Now that would be telling!

That conversation was the first time, however, that I realized that married couples may "punish" each other. I have since learned that this "punishment" takes many forms, and most are much more cruel than spanking. Things like "silent treatments". disrespect, swearing-name calling, cheating, well the list goes on and on. We, as a people are very good at punishing each other. We are not good at punishing fairly.

I think that is why I am so, SO, FOR the use of spanking in a marriage, It seems so trite compared to the destructive other punishments married partners dish out. A real spanking cannot be given nor taken well in anger. Have you ever tried to hold a squirming 135# woman across your lap, let alone bare her and spank her. I lift weights, and work out. Still, it's a chore unless said spanking is taken with some acceptance. The anger has to go from both for the true spanking to go on. Then, there is forgiveness, a clean slate, and life goes on.

Yes, I know a six-five brute could probably spank almost any struggling woman save a few female professional basketball players, etc, but these are the exception.

I believe there is no place for "hurt" in marriage, the family, or society for that matter. However, we are human. We fail, and we HURT! We lie, we let people down, we get crabby, we swear, we shout, we demean, we're late. The list goes on and on. There are so many ways to hurt that cause so much more pain than a spanking and much much longer to heal.

I think , personally, I see spanking as a "cute" throwback to a simpler time, when men were men and women were
women. I'm sorry, but I like my women genteel. I like to hold doors for them, open the car door, or drop them off at the front door of a theatre or at church. That's just me. Oh, don't get me wrong. I do not like my women helpless and feeble, and in fact, I am in awe of what most of today's women accomplish , what with families and careers. They are superhuman!

I also think spanking is a sign of respect, both from the giver and the receiver! It takes a strong person to "accept" punishment and a stronger one to "mete" it out without guilt and then provide the required FORGIVENESS. Both roles are difficult.

So, yes, wives should be spanked, when they deserve it, ONLY, however, if they are loved, supported, and cherished as any and all women should be. Women are not children, yet they can act childish, and can be punished accordingly. They can also, however, act childlike, and that trait should be embraced and supported.

I know, what about men? Well, I can only say, most men I know are as childish as they were at ten. You do the math!

Jim
February 12, 2009 07:49PM
I think the type of wife-spanking depicted from those times should be seen strictly as a historical artifact. Husbands beating their wives is not seen as something acceptable, much less funny in our society. And to many, a nonconsensual spanking would be considered that -beating, abuse. I speak of a case where the wife had made it unquestionably clear that she does NOT want to have that done to her.
That is not a case in a relationship in which spanking plays a part,whether for domestic discipline freely accepted,for erotic release, or both. We do not want TTWD to be seen as abuse, or as male chauvinism. In fact, one spanking site I visit has a woman who has a quote from Gloria Steinem in her signature. Doubtless she considers herself a feminist on some level-and also does not consider the spankings she receives from her husband as abuse as she has made clear.
On the other hand,people into role play could easily incorporate one of those vintage "oldfashioned spankings" into it. Just as I have heard of people replicating the "Blue Hawaii" or "McClintock" spankings in their play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 07:51PM by Tanner.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login